Monday, June 4, 2012

Still breathing...

OSU!

I know this space has been a little...bare. And I know it appears as if I haven't been doing anything, but let me assure you, this is not the case! :-)

I managed to finish the 40+ cards worth of workouts (and then some).
I reached my goal of getting back to a 700LB+ leg press
I set a new 1RM bench press is 250LBS
I set a new 1RM weighted pullup of 115LBS (and came within inches of a good 135LB pull!)

If that's not proof that I haven't been sitting on my can, I don't know what is! :-P

All of that said, I will be retooling the card system in order to prep for the upcoming Superfights tournament in July. I won't be doing anything huge, but what I'm thinking right now:

Adding in more bag work cards
Adding in more max strength cards (though, this could be a double edged sword...)
More running

On the subject of running, I'm thinking of using this more as a warm up; 2-3 miles max. That said, I am also contemplating revamping the cards to include an appropriate warm up and either a finisher or abs work. The less I have to think at that time of morning the better.

With all of the above said, Superfights for myself is not my primary focus. I also have a few students that I need to prepare for the day time semi-knockdown portion of the tournament. The class has already been hard at work and I'm proud of the effort up to this point. There will be some delicate balancing going forward --mixing kumite specifics and focus in on testing...what's life without a challenge, right?


I have more interesting news, but that's for another post. Stay tuned!
OSU!

No comments:

Post a Comment