Sunday, March 25, 2012

Tear the house DOWN!!

I had the honor, and I do believe it was an honor, to witness up close and personal two karate-ka put on an absolute clinic in kumite (fighting) yesterday. I believe their names were Jerdan and David (and I apologize if that's not correct).

It was a back and forth for first and second place. These two fighters gave each other everything, and I do mean everything they had. David, the smaller of the two fighters, showed a game face deserving of the nickname "Iceman". Jerdan was ferocious and tried to keep constant pressure on his opponent. These fine martial artists wore each other down with power shots and lots of clean, hard technique. As an instructor, judge and fighter, I couldn't have asked for anything more out of these young men. Well fought and clean match up. Kudos to you both.

Now, something you need to know about the aforementioned fighters:
a). This fight took place the 8-10 year old division
b). Both fighters were 7th or 8th kyu.

...and I mean every word I've said about those gentlemen in this post. I look forward to seeing both of them grow and progress in the future. Well done, gentlemen, well done.


OSU!

1 comment:

  1. Agreed! Both of these young gentlemen did an outstanding job.

    ReplyDelete